The Emerald Project, Inc. (“Emerald”) is a Utah nonprofit corporation that seeks to combat the misrepresentation of Islam.
We can be reached at: firstname.lastname@example.org
This website is not designed for or directed to, children under the age of 13, and Emerald does not intentionally collect information about anyone under the age of 13 on this website.
Emerald will use its best efforts to keep your Personal Information secure; however, such security often relies on Emerald’s systems and facilities. No system or facility can be completely secure, and Emerald does not guarantee that all Personal Information will remain secure at all times. Should a breach of our systems or facilities occur, Emerald will alert you with reasonable promptness via email, telephone, and first-class mail.
“Anonymous Information” means information that does not personally identify an individual, including aggregate demographic information.
“Information” means, collectively, Anonymous Information, Personal Information, and Sensitive Information.
“Personal Information” means information that can identify a person as a specific individual, such as a name, phone number, email address, social security number, or credit card number. Personal Information includes information provided by donors to or members of Emerald.
“Sensitive Information” means Personal Information that reveals a natural person’s race, ethnic origin, political, philosophical, or religious beliefs; information specifying a person’s gender, or that concerns a natural person’s health or medical condition.
How Does Emerald Collect Information About Me?
As stated above, at any given time, Emerald may collect three types of information about you: Personal Information, Sensitive Information, and Anonymous Information. The following paragraphs outline for you how we collect the category of information described.
Personal Information: Personal Information may be gathered about you in the following circumstances (described as representative examples only):
- Web-based forms;
- Signing up on our website for newsletters and/or email alerts;
- Becoming a donor of Emerald’s;
- Signing up for one of Emerald’s events;
- Participating in a contest, live chat, or survey of Emerald;
- Volunteer sign-ups and background checks; and
- Third-party providers may provide Emerald with your Personal Information.
Sensitive Information. The Emerald Project, Inc. does not collect any Sensitive Information about you, nor does the company desire to receive such information about you.
How Does Emerald Use the Information Gathered About Me?
Emerald uses Information as described in the below representative examples:
- Enable you to sign up for one of our events;
- Enables you to become a donor to Emerald
- Donations to Emerald are facilitated through a third-party vendor, Donor Box. Donor Box is a processor of certain Personal Information that you provide to Emerald. Donor Box is subject to their own privacy restrictions as set forth here: https://donorbox.org/privacy.
- Improve Emerald’s offerings and service to the community;
- Improve our website;
- Process your volunteer application; and
- Perform other functions which are described to you during the time your Personal Information is being collected.
Anonymous Information. Emerald uses Anonymous Information we collect for marketing purposes, to improve our website, and to hone our services and community involvement programs.
Does Emerald Share or Disclose my Information to Third Parties?
Emerald does not share your Personal Information to third parties except as set forth below; provided, however, Emerald may choose to share your Personal Information with third parties:
- When we provide services, programs, or events for you;
- When we correspond with you;
- When we rely on a third party to verify the validity of your monetary donation;
- As may be required by law – for example – subpoena, search warrants, or other legal processes;
- When in Emerald’s sole discretion, disclosure of such Personal Information is required to enforce the rights of Emerald or to protect the rights and safety of others;
Anonymous Information: Emerald may share your Anonymous Information with third parties; provided, however, that we will do so in a manner that is consistent and relevant to the purpose for which the Anonymous Information was collected. To the extent that any such Anonymous Information is shared, Emerald will ensure that such information is accurate, complete, and reliable for its intended use.
Emerald may use email and text to communicate with you. We will not send you emails or texts if you request it. Please refer to “Opting Out” below for more information.
You may choose to opt-out of receiving email communications, text communications, and disclosures of Personal Information to third parties (for a purpose incompatible with the reason for which such Personal Information was collected). Removing your Personal Information from our marketing list and our communication list may take up to ten days. If you wish to opt-out of communications, please send your request to: email@example.com or you can mail us at:
PO Box 91021 Salt Lake City, UT 84109.
Update to Personal Information
If you wish to update your Personal Information, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or you can mail us at:
PO Box 91021 Salt Lake City, UT 84109.
We will not be able to modify historical records (older records) but will update your records going forward.
Raffone Dessiné Legal Services, LLC
11075 S. State Street, Suite 4
Sandy, UT 84070
Dated: August 28, 2020